Monday, June 26, 2017




Title: Tied
Series: Devils Wolves #2
Author: Carian Cole
Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance
 Release Date: June 26, 2017



Blurb

He was the myth and the legend of our small town. But no one knew the truth... except me.

Me
My childhood was stolen by a monster. I’ve forgotten what love feels like. What happiness feels like. What hope feels like. I am numb.

Him

He’s possibly as damaged as I am. Maybe even more. Scarred just as much on the inside as the outside. Just like me. He doesn’t speak. He doesn’t smile. He hides in the woods like an animal.  I should be scared of him. But I’m not. He’s the only one that has ever made me feel. And I want to make him feel, too. everything...





Review

I didn't realize that this book was about Tyler - Seriously, I just saw the author's name and was like "Heck yeah" because all her other books have been pretty much spot on and really great reads.  Had I known ahead of time, I'm not really sure I would have asked to review it. I really thought it was about Kenzi's parents since her mom woke up in the last book.  To say that I was shocked and almost dismayed was an understatement.  If you've read Torn, you know that Ty wasn't just one french fry short of a happy meal but that he was missing the hamburger as well.  He kind of freaked me out.  I mean that in the nicest way.  If the author can make a character like that and turn him into one that you're not only rooting for but that you fall in love with yourself...that's not a small feat.  I found myself in tears so many times in this book that I had given up on the Puffs Plus and moved to cut up pajama pants (don't judge me, it's what I use when I have a bad allergy attack or a cold.) 


Tyler lives alone in the woods with no contact with or from anyone.  He has a fox, he generally picks up strays and he likes to scare people off with his freakish masks that he wears.  He drops down from trees just to scare them out of HIS woods and this alone made me feel like he was totally unstable in a freakily stalkerish way.  Holly is a kidnap victim when Tyler rescues her from a hole in the ground...literally it's a hole in the ground!!  What follows is a tremendous love story of EPIC proportions of a girl who is damaged on the inside and outside.  She falls in love with Tyler who's also damaged.  Together they heal one another in all the most beautiful ways.  This could have gone sideways and I really thought it was going too at certain points but I should have kept the faith because the author didn't disappoint.  She has a way with words, almost poetry to telling a story.  By the end of the book, I was in love with Tyler and I had to sit back and wait to write my review.  I've done that with 2 other books this year.  It's rare.  Especially, when you're reading almost 10 books a week and working - I didn't read anything else after I read this book for a day and I put off reading this book for almost 2 days because I just wasn't feeling it.  I wanted to devote my whole heart and soul to this story because it's worth it...Readers, bloggers, writers - should read this!!  


Final thoughts...The fact that you have a hero who is pretty much mute for about 30 percent of this book and talks through notes and internal dialogue - it's pretty mind-boggling that the writer keeps you 1.) not only engaged 2.) but sitting on the edge of your seat wanting more.  The heroine, Holly is a perfect example of someone with PTSD.  I love reading about this subject matter and this is when I get to be a critical reader.  I love being a critical reader!  No one understands why I love it so much but it's because when you read upwards of 1000 books a year - some are just too dang fluffy and inaccurate.  I love accuracy.  So often writers glance over the problem and miracles of miracles they're cured...problem never to be spoken of again.  This whole book had a true aspect of what a victim goes through.  The guilt, the resignation, the anger and the acknowledgment that it happened.  It was great to see that it was done justice and handled like it should be without being too explicit.  Will this be a trigger for other people?  I don't believe so.  The author kept the information informative but didn't overdo the details to the extent that you'd have to go through therapy yourself.  She gives you just enough that you get the picture and you move along with the characters.  Overall, I believe that if you love the other books then you'll love this one.  If you've never read the author's other books - you don't have too!! This could actually be a standalone to me but also it's a part of the series...it's just that versatile.  However, if you're like me then you'll have to read all the books because you're obsessive compulsive.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Don't speed read through this - carve out at least a weekend of enjoyment for it or if you're one of those that savor your books then read it over a week.  It's worth it.  



Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio

I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.

Born and raised a Jersey girl, I now reside in beautiful New Hampshire with my husband and our multitude of furry pets and spend most of my time writing, reading, and vacuuming.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment