Monday, June 12, 2017


Title: Searching for Love
Series: Behind Blue Lines Series
Author: Christine Zolendz
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 12, 2017
What’s sexier than a man in uniform? A whole precinct full of them...
Searching for Love is the second book in the Behind Blue Lines Series by Christine Zolendz.
What you're looking for might be right in front of you...
BROOKE FURY
Betrayed. Destroyed. Shattered.
But, I'm used to it.
After all, I'm a cop, and I've seen the worst.
I just never thought it would happen to me.
But it did.
Now, I can't trust anyone.
Not him.
Not myself.
Nobody.
RYAN CAGE
Determined. Loyal. Honest.
But she won't trust me,
Won't let me in.
Even though I'm a detective, 
I can't solve the mystery.
No matter how hard I try,
She pushes me away.
What she doesn't realize,
Is I'm the one thing she can count on,
Forever.






This book already had quite a bit of information in it starting out.  If you've ever read a Christine Zolendz book, then you know you're either in for a tearjerker or some angst/drama.  I found this to be well-written, full of emotion, and I love the hero.  He's flawed but beautifully so.  Brooke's last boyfriend was a putz...he got violent and stalkerish because she said no.  She wanted a relationship and when it didn't go his way, he choked her almost to death.  I considered Brooke to be a strong heroine...she's a cop, she carries a gun - you don't think that you'll ever be a statistic because of what you do, but that's a lie.  Police officers are people who shockingly enough are abuse victims also.  Ryan is a player, he's a loudmouthed one at that.  He has no filter and he's proud of it.  He makes no apologies for who he is...I loved that and wouldn't change him.  Together, they make the perfect couple.  I'm a sucker for friends to lovers books and the way they're written.  If you throw a bunch of sex in there - I'm not gonna read it or enjoy it.  However, if you take the time to grow a relationship on the pages like you would a garden then you've got some harvest going on!!!  I love epilogue's in books because it kind of hints that 'hey I'm going to have another in the series' and now I'll have to stalk her page to find out when it'll drop.







Christine Zolendz, a USA Today Bestseller, resides in New York City with her favorite NYPD detective and their two beautiful daughters. She loves reading, writing, wine, and caramel lattes.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment