Monday, May 1, 2017

Review: Falling for the Hometown Girl by Shelli Stevens

Falling for the Hometown Girl Falling for the Hometown Girl by Shelli Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Katie Marshall is known for her ‘girl next door’ reputation and for always playing it safe. So, when she books a bachelor party from Seattle at the Marshall Ranch, she isn’t sure what to expect until trouble strolls in–Hunter Richardson, local bad boy turned successful software tycoon…and Katie’s job gets a lot more interesting.

Hunter has always struggled to find his place in Marietta. Now, somewhat reluctantly, he’s back in his hometown and not looking forward to a week on a cattle ranch… but that all changes when he sees Katie, the girl he could never forget from high school. A girl he shouldn’t want anything to do with. Soon, he realizes he wants much more from her than just a guided tour of the Montana landscape.

Hunter’s plan had been to get through the week, before returning to Seattle and his million dollar gaming company. Instead, he finds himself falling for the hometown girl…

******************************************************************************
Hunter is a gamer and he's really good at what he does for a living. He's smart, sexy and finds himself back in his hometown for a bachelor party for the week, with a "friend" that he doesn't really consider a friend. So when he sees Katie, the girl who he liked in high school and who just happens to run the ranch where they're all staying...what can happen? Well, I'll tell you!! ALOT! Hunter is a great guy and I found myself loving his character. He was bullied as a kid and you find out that it's really heartbreaking that it happened the way it did but Katie was always nice to him. Katie is one of those characters that's strong and sweet. You know she's going to knock every wall that Hunter's built up one brick at a time and I loved seeing her do it. There were a couple of characters in this that I didn't care for, like Hunter's CFO Lance...what a prick!!! That dude could take a flying leap off a tall building without a chute and I wouldn't care. That's all I'll say about that. Then there's the pervy sheriff and I call him that because if some man were to call me cupcake....well I would beat him with his own nightstick but that's just me. Anywhoo....this is a really great book and you're gonna enjoy it, so if you haven't read the first one - I suggest that you pick that one up too. You don't have too, but it's great also and why not?

I was given a copy of this ARC from the publisher on NetGalley for an honest review. All of the above comments are my express opinions and no one else's.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment