Monday, April 3, 2017

Review: Sweet Southern Trouble by Michele Summers



Sweet Southern Trouble by Michele Summers


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Publication Date: May 2nd, 2017

Genre: Romance
Add To Goodreads: https://goo.gl/3Eq9Z



 Synopsis:


An ambitious Southern belle
Marabelle Fairchild knows she's a gal who can get things done. Feeling unappreciated at the exclusive private school where she's a kindergarten aide and varsity tennis coach, Marabelle determines to score with the next big fundraiser. What she doesn't expect? A smokin' hot football coach to throw her off her game...

A reclusive NFL bachelor...
NFL coach Nick Frasier is Raleigh's most eligible bachelor, but he wants to focus on his career...not his playboy status. He doesn't need a smart-mouthed, pint-sized kindergarten teacher pestering him. So he cuts Marabelle a deal—in exchange for Nick sponsoring a bachelor auction starring him and his gorgeous celebrity pals, Marabelle will pose as his fiancée to ward off unwanted advances.

What could possibly go wrong?



Title: Sweet Southern Trouble by Michele Summers


Buy Links






An ambitious Southern belle
Marabelle Fairchild knows she's a gal who can get things done. Feeling unappreciated at the exclusive private school where she's a kindergarten aide and varsity tennis coach, Marabelle determines to score with the next big fundraiser. What she doesn't expect? A smokin' hot football coach to throw her off her game...

A reclusive NFL bachelor...
NFL coach Nick Frasier is Raleigh's most eligible bachelor, but he wants to focus on his career...not his playboy status. He doesn't need a smart-mouthed, pint-sized kindergarten teacher pestering him. So he cuts Marabelle a deal—in exchange for Nick sponsoring a bachelor auction starring him and his gorgeous celebrity pals, Marabelle will pose as his fiancée to ward off unwanted advances.

What could possibly go wrong?

What I loved about this book was just about everything. Marabelle was about the quirkiest little character I've ever read in a really long time. It was a refreshing change from other books. I loved "Q" or Beau and I really hope he gets his own book because in my mind I just could eat him up. Yummy. Nick was a little curmudgeon and it took a while to warm up to him but once I did, I thought he was the bee's knees. Seriously, if I was around all these guys - I would probably need a bib for my drool. NO LIE!!! I hated Nick's ex-girlfriend. Can we go here for a minute? Haven't we all met the mean girl? The one that we secretly want to run down with our car but don't because that would be illegal!! Just shake your head (It's for your own good.) Or the one's who give the backhanded insults or compliments that make you want to give them an Ex-Lax brownie...I might have done that - Don't judge...you want to. So, anyway back to the book....Marabelle is a force to be reckoned with because she doesn't take any crap and by that I mean, she literally will fight for her "fake" man who is turning out to not be so fake. I have to say by the last 10 percent - I almost wanted to douse Nick in some ether and set him on fire....FIIIRE!!! But, he redeemed himself and the giant misunderstanding was fixed because it would be a total suck if it wasn't.

My only complaint was the formatting on this book which wasn't so much a distraction that I wouldn't read it. I'm kind of hoping that someone takes a look at it before it goes to ebook because I think it might be a turnoff for some. I think it's formatted for paperback.

Otherwise, I think it's an awesome romance with some funny, oftentimes hilarious moments and Michele did a great job of capturing the woes of being a short girl to a T. Pick this up for a weekend of beach, sun and reading!!!

I was given a copy of this ARC from the publisher on NetGalley for an honest review. All of the above comments are my express opinions and no one else's.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the glowing review! I'm so thrilled you loved Nick and Marabelle as much as I do! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete