Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review: The Protector

The Protector The Protector by Donna Grant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

EVERYTHING’S HOTTER IN TEXAS

When Marine Force Recon captain Cullen Loughman learns that his father’s been kidnapped, he will do whatever it takes to find him. In order to achieve his mission, Cullen will need to team up with the best of the best—someone who just happens to be the most stunning woman he’s ever laid eyes on…

This isn’t the first rodeo for ex--Air Force pilot Mia Carter. Still, Cullen’s bad-boy good looks and charm are distracting her from duty. . .and it appears that the feeling is mutual. As Mia and Cullen make their descent into a dark, dangerous world, their attraction reaches the boiling point. But is their desire worth the risk when a ruthless enemy is waiting in the wings—or will their Lone Star love conquer all, in The Protector, the next Sons of Texas novel by New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant.

Can you say lots of action? I loved this book from page 1! It has characters from the first book and I had to go back and read it first before I picked this one up to start it and I wasn't disappointed I did that. I loved all the characters that were revisited in this book. I enjoyed the pace and the plot. At no point did it get boring, which is a big draw for me when reading a book. I'd say that Donna Grant is a definite buy for me in the future. I had her first book and didn't know it and hadn't read it but I'm sure glad I did because it helped when reading this book. However, you don't have to read book 1 but it helps because book 2 picks up where book 1 leaves off. If you're like me, then you like to read your series in order and I'm orderly like that..

There was a whole lot of information in this book and a lot of action. The romance was really kind of forced and secondary to me. I kind of thought that it could have been a longer book to be honest. It's one of those books where you really don't have to have a romance at all and it's still a really good book. Nothing is really resolved in this book, so it's going to continue into the third book - which I will buy!! It's that good. I love a good suspense, espionage book that leaves you hanging.

If you're looking for a book that is thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish with non-stop action, then this is your book!!

I was given a copy of this ARC from the publisher on Netgalley for a honest review. All of the above comments are my express opinions and no one else's.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment