Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: The Devil's Daughter

The Devil's Daughter The Devil's Daughter by Katee Robert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Growing up in a small town isn’t easy, especially when you’re the daughter of a local cult leader. Ten years ago, Eden Collins left Clear Springs, Montana, and never once looked back. But when the bodies of murdered young women surface, their corpses violated and marked with tattoos worn by her mother’s followers, Eden, now an FBI agent, can’t turn a blind eye. To catch the killer, she’s going to have to return to the fold.

Sheriff Zach Owens isn’t comfortable putting Eden in danger, even if she is an elite agent. And he certainly wasn’t expecting to be so attracted to her. As calm and cool as she appears, he knows this can’t be a happy homecoming. Zach wants to protect her—from her mother, the cult, and the evil that lurks behind its locked gates. But Eden is his only key to the tight-lipped group, and she may just be closer to the killer than either one of them suspects…

I would put this at the top of the books I've read so far in 2017. It starts off slow for me but then it gets going and I really enjoyed it. I read about 9 books this weekend and this by far was the top 5. I love Zach. He had protector written all over him. He's not backing down and he's not giving up. I love heroes who are just that. They aren't wishy washy and they just have masculine feel to them. I loved his stubborness. I love suspense and mystery and this book had it. Did I know who it was from the beginning? Not right away. Did I have an inkling of who it could be? Yes I did. However, a good mystery is one that takes you in multiple directions and I like that. It takes you down many roads and it tells many stories. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic suspense novel.

I was given a copy of this ARC from the publisher on Netgalley for a honest review. All of the above comments are my express opinions and no one else's.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment